1. symptom 2. intellectual 3. detail 4. initial
5. inventor 6. confront 7. sensitivity 8. reflection
9. creativity 10. character 11. trace 12. modest
13. investment 14. to substitute … for 15. be contrary to 16. to put off
17. be confronted with 18. to gaze at
19. be unaware of 20. to impress…on
21. be free from 22. be beneficial to
Recent research shows / indicates that daydreaming is part of daily life .
Daydreaming is not only beneficial to the mental balance, but also to enhance ones ability of self-control.
Daydreaming can not only help maintain emotional balance , but also improve ones self-control .
Historically, many scientists and inventors have taken full advantage of daydreaming.
Many scientists and inventors in history took full use of daydreaming.
While composing, some composers seem to approach a state of deep daydreaming.
Some composers seemed to approach a state of deep daydreaming while they were composing.
Picture yourself as a winner rather than loser in your daydream.
Picture yourself in your daydream as winning rather than defeated.
1. According to Dr. Kramer,_____people who appear in your dreams,_____you are on awakening. （ 99.10 ）
A as many … as happy B the more… the more happy C the more… the happier D the most … the happiest
答案： C 。考点：本题主要考查 the + 比较级， the + 比较级，结构是“越 … , 越 … ”
2. Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough____your minds eye, and you will be drawn toward it . (99.10)
A. at B. in C. before D. in front of
答案： B 。考点：本题主要考查词组 in ones minds eye 意思是“在脑海中”。
3. In the past two decades, research_____(expand) our knowledge about sleep and dreams. (00.4)
答案： expanded 。本题主要考查现在完成时。“ in the past two decades ”经常是表示现在完成时的时间状语。
4. It has been proved that their best ideas seem____(occur) when they were relaxing. (01.4)
答案： to have occurred 。 考点：本题主要考查 seem 后面要加动词不定式完成式作宾语。
5. 汉译英：科学家正在研究为什么白日梦会有益于人们的健康。 (01.4)
答案： Scientists are studying why daydreaming is beneficial to peoples health.
6. A life____(live) without fantasy and daydreaming is a really poor life indeed. （ 02.4 ）
答案： lived 。考点： lived 是过去分词作定语修饰 life 。 词组“ live a …life ”表示过着 … 样的生活。
daydream vi./n. 白日做梦
symptom n. 症状，征兆
Most infections are contagious before any symptoms are noticed.
He recognizes the symptoms, but refuses to admit that he has marital problems.