Animal research has made great contributions to human medical development.
Animal research has contributed a great deal to the development of human medicine.
People have different ideas about whether animal research is relevant to human health.
The number of animals used in experiments has declined greatly over the past 20 years.
4.The new research findings show that a few experiments can be done without using animals.
The new development in research has shown that a small proportion of tests can be done without using animals.
Although medical techniques are becoming more advanced, stopping testing on animals altogether is a long way away.
Although medical technique becomes more and more advanced, stopping testing on animals altogether is a long way away.
1. The number of animals used in laboratory tests____(decline) over the last 20 years. (99.10)
答案： has declined 。 考点：本句中 over the last 20 years 是明显的表示现在完成时的时间状语。因此本句用现在完成时。
2. To assume the care for the pets can help bring the____humanity in our children and even in us adults. (99.10)
A. about B. in C. out D. up 答案
答案： C 。考点： 本题主要考查词组 bring out 表示“使显示，显现；生产，使产生”
3. It is touching to see how a cat or dog – especially a dog – itself to family and wants to share in all its goings and comings. (00.4)
A. attributes B. applies C. assigned D. attaches
答案： D 。考点：本题主要考查词组 attach … to 表示“把 … 附加到，使 … 与 … 相关”。
4. As research techniques become more advanced, the number of animals____(use) in experiments many decrease. (00.10)
答案： used 。考点：本题主要考查 used 过去分词 做定语修饰 animals 。
5. Some people think that animal research is irrelevant____our health and that it can often produce misleading results. (01.4)
A. with B. at C. on D. to
答案： D 。本题主要考查词组 be irrelevant to 表示“与 … 不相关”。
答案： The color of his skin is irrelevant to whether he is a good professor or not
7. As research techniques become more advanced, the number of animals used in experiments may decrease, but stopping_____(test) on animals altogether is a long way away.
答案： testing 。本题主要考查词组 stop doing sth. 停止做某事。
答： There are those who think the test on animals are simply unnecessary.
答： People and animals are different in their reactions to drugs.
答： New technology makes it easy for us to find alternative methods of testing on animals.
答： It is the dog who can teach us lessons of loyalty and devotion that no cat ever knows.
答： Caring for cats can help bring out the humanity in children.