1. organizational: a 组织上的
由此大家可以联想到：organize: v 组织； organization: n 组织； organizer: n 组织者
1). Last week, our school ________ a spring outing.
2). The task calls for the highest _________ skill.
3). China has joined World Trade __________.
4). He is the __________ of the speech contest.
Answers: organized, organizational, Organization, organizer
2. objective: n 目标； a 客观的，反义词subjective: 主观的
3. predict: v 预言、预示；
由此大家可以联想到：prediction: n 预言； predictable: a 可预测的； predictor: n 预言家
4. simplify: v 简化
由此大家可以联想到：simple: a 简单的； simply: ad 简单地，仅仅地； simplification: n 简化； simplified: a 被简化的。
Exercises for the above words:
1). The machine is _____ in operation but complex in structure.
2). Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet in the original is beyond our capacity while ____ edition is quite easy.
3). There is no point in arguing about it, because it is _______ a question of procedure.
4). The ______ of working process freed the workers fro heavy labor.
Answers: simple; simplified; simply; simplification
5. tendency: n 趋势、倾向；tend : v 倾向于…， tend to do sth
e.g. old people have the tendency of getting fatter.
Or old people tend to get fatter.
6. managerial: a 经理的、经营上的；
由此大家可以联想到：manage: v管理、经营； management: n; manager: n 经营者，管理者； manageable: a 可管理的、可经营的。
7. argue: v 争辩、争论，常用固定搭配：argu with sb about/over sth由于某事而同某人争论； argue sb into doing sth说服某人做某事； argue sb out of doing sth说服某人不要做某事。
e.g. 1>. The young couple always argue with each other over their child’s
2>. I argued him out of going on such a dangerous journey.
8. define: v 给…下定义； definition: n 定义
9. profitability: n 赚钱， 获利
由此大家可以联想到：profit: n 利润； profitable: a 有利可图的, 有好处的；
profitless: a 没有利润的。
1). He has made a _____ from running a small restaurant.
2). The deal was ______ to all of us.
3). They valued _______ differently, which led to disagreement as to the correctness of decision.
Answer: profit, profitable; profitability.
10. correctness: n 正确性； 字根：correct: a 正确的； v 纠正， correction: n 纠正； incorrect: a 不正确的。
11. unintended: a 非计划中的，
由此大家可以联想到：intend: v 打算，计划；intention: n ； intended: a 计划中的
1. A decision is a choice made from among alternative courses of action that are available.(p1)
分析：该句是主系表结构。made from among alternative courses of action that are available是过去分词短语做定语修饰a choice; 其中that are available是定语从句修饰courses of action.
2. The reason for making a decision is that a problem exists, goals or objectives are wrong, or something is standing in the way of accomplishing them. (p1)
分析：该句又是主系表结构。That引导三个并列的表语从句，①a problem exists，②goals or objectives are wrong；③something is standing in the way of accomplishing them。 短语：make a decision:做出决策；stand in the way: 阻挡、防碍
3. Often managers must make a best guess at what the future will be and try to leave as little as possible to chance, but since uncertainty is always there, risk accompanies decisions. (p2)
分析：前半句是主谓宾结构。what the future will be是at的宾语；as little as possible做leave的宾语；since引导原因状语从句，相当于because.
4. If there is no choice, there is no decision to be made. (p3)
分析：这是一句很简单的条件状语从句，但它有一个很重要的考点：to be made。这是动词不定式做定语修饰decision，有将来意味。比如：The last question to be discussed today is how to divide the work among ourselves.
5. For managers, every decision has constraints based on policies, procedures, laws, precedents, and the like. (p3)
分析：这句话的考点是based on policies, procedures, laws, precedents, and the like。同样是过去分词短语做定语修饰constraints。其中词组：base…on以…为基础。 如：The film is based on s short story by Jack London.
6. But the tendency to simplify blinds them to other alternatives. (p4)
分析：该句主语the tendency to simplify，谓语blinds; them是宾语。to simplify是定语，修饰the tendency；to other alternatives是宾补。其中短语：blind sb to sth:使…看不见…；
we shouldn’t let our prejudices blind us to the facts.
7. Because individuals (and organizations) frequently have different ideas about how to attain the goals, the best choice may depend on who makes the decision. (p6 line 4--6)
分析：这是一个由because引导的原因状语从句。其中how to attain the goals做介词about的宾语，who makes the decision做介词on的宾语。
8. Some of these objectives are more important than others, but the order and degree of importance often vary from person to person and from department to department. (p7 line 2--4)
分析：请注意比较级more important than，词组：vary from person to person译成中文：因人而异，可以推出：因季节而异vary from season to season….
9. When presented with a common case, sales managers tend to see sales problems, production managers see production problems, and so on. (p7 line 5--7)
分析：前半部分为常考内容，它是when + 过去分词短语，构成时间状语部分。其中词组：
be presented with = be faced with当面对…
When faced with difficulties, we should be brave..
10. People often assume that a decision is an isolated phenomenon. (p9)
分析：句子结构简单：主谓宾（从句）。其中assume: = imagine; isolated: adj 孤立的。
phenomenon: n 现象；复数变化较特殊：phenomena
1. interview: n/v 采访、面试；interviewer: n 采访者； interviewee: n 被采访者
e.g. 1>. Whos the most famous person youve ever interviewed on TV?
2>. In a TV interview last night, she denied she had any intention of resigning.
2. criticism: n 批评，评论； criticize: v 批评； critical: a 批评的、挑剔的、关键的；critic: n 评论家, 请填填看。
1> He is a literary ______.
2> We are at a _______time in our history.
3> He cant take ________.
4> The boy was ______ by his father for being late for school.
Answers: critic, critical, criticism, criticized
3. indifference: n 冷漠、漠不关心；indifferent: a 冷漠的，反义词：enthusiastic: 热情的
cf: different: a 不同的，名词：difference; 反义词：same.
4. inefficiency: n 无效，由此联想得到：
efficient: a 高效率的； efficiency: n inefficient: a 低效率的
5. conservative: a 保守的、保存的； conserve: v 保存； conservation: n
6. apply to sb for sth: 向某人申请某物
e.g. The student applied to the embassy for a visa.
7. take the trouble to do sth: 不辞劳苦、费力地做某事
e.g. If you took the trouble to listen to what I was saying, youd know what I was talking about.
8. put oneself in somebodys place: 设身处地…
If you put yourself in your mothers place, you will understand why she is so worried about you.
9. in hand: 手头上有，进行中
Ive got enough money in hand to buy a new car.
10. turn down: 调小，降低，拒绝
Turn down the TV, for the baby is sleeping.
He turned down the job because the pay isnt good enough.
1. The key words here are preparation and confidence, which will carry you far. （p2）
分析：which will carry you far非限定性定语从句，修饰preparation and confidence。另外请注意：key关键的；preparation是prepare的名词；confidence: n 信心。Confident: a 有信心的；self-confidence: 自信心。
2. Find out all you can about the job you are applying for and the origination you hope to work for. (p4)
分析：you are applying for定语，修饰the job; you hope to work for定语修饰the origination。词组：apply to sb for sth向某人申请什么。
3. It shows an unattractive indifference to your employer and to your job. (p6)
分析：it主语；shows谓语；an unattractive indifference宾语；to your employer and to your job间接宾语。Show sth to sb=show sb sth.另外，请注意：indifference: 冷漠，漠视。
4. He wants somebody who is hard-working with a pleasant personality and a real interest in the job. (p7)
分析：who is hard-working with a pleasant personality and a real interest in the job全部都是定语，修饰somebody。注意介词with表示带有。。； have interest in sth对…有兴趣。
5. Anything that you find out about the prospective employer can be used to your advantage during the interview to show that you have bothered to master some facts about the people who you hope to work for. (p8)
分析：从这个句子的长度大家也能看出这是一个复杂句。主体结构为：anything can be used to your advantage. that you find out about the prospective employer是定语从句；during the interview状语；to show that you have bothered to master some facts about the people who you hope to work for是目的状语；who you hope to work for是另外一个定语从句修饰the people. 词组：to your advantage: 对你有利；work for sb为某人工作。
6. Do not be afraid to ask for clarification of something that has been said during the interview if you want to be sure what was implied, but do be polite. (p10)
分析：基本句型：not be afraid to do sth; 不要害怕去做某事；ask for clarification要求澄清；that has been said during the interview定语，修饰something; what was implied宾语；do be polite: 其中do为了强调，如：do be careful! I do love you! He does lie to us!
7. Have the letter inviting you for an interview ready to show in case there is any difficulty in communication. (p16)
分析：这是一个祈使句。Have动词，拿着；the letter宾语；inviting you for an interview现在分词做定语；ready to show状语；in case there is any difficulty in communication条件状语从句；词组：there is some difficulty in sth/doing sth在…方面有困难。如：We have some difficulty speaking English fluently.
8. There is little likelihood that a panel of five wants to go through the process of all shaking hands with you in turn. (p20)
分析：这句话的重点在于that a panel of five ants to go through the process of all shaking hands with you in turn是一个同位语从句，是对little likelihood的说明。其中：likelihood: n 可能性，相当于possibility; go through经历； in turn:轮流。
9. Would you mind rephrasing the question, please? (p23)
分析：考点mind doing sth. 如： Would you mind turning down the TV?
as是一个乍一看简单，但实际在英语中用法很复杂的小词。从词类上讲，可以用作介词、副词、连词以及关系代词；从语法功能角度来看，可以构成介词宾语，引导原因状语从句，时间状语从句，方式状语从句，让步状语从句，比较状语从句和定语从句。此外as还出现在很多固定搭配中，如： as if, as though, as long as, as to, as for, so as to, etc.
1. I work as an English teacher in a middle school.
2. Run as fast as you can.
3. Young as he is, he knows more than I.
4. Just as I was leaving, the telephone rang.
5. Please do as I have told you.
6. As I am the oldest child in my family, I must take care of the other children.
7. Such people as you have described are rare now