第一部分： paras.1 —— paras 4
1. “We mustn‘t delay any longer…” 大家不可以再拖延了
not any longer 不再，再也不 ， no longer 不再
These were the words of Dutchman Cees van Wendel de Joode asking his doctor to help him die. Affected with a serious disease， van Wendel was no longer able to speak clearly and he knew there was no hope of recovery and that his condition was rapidly deteriorating.
2. affected with a serious disease 为过去分词短语作原因状语;句中there was no hope of recovery and that his condition was rapidly deteriorating 是knew 的两个宾语从句。
Van Wendel‘s last three months of life before being given a final， lethal injection by his doctor were filmed and first shown on television last year in the Netherlands. The programme has since been bought by 20 countries and each time it is shown， it starts a nationwide debate on the subject.
3. Van Wendel‘s last three months of life … …were filmed
例：Two bottles of beer were served .
4. 句中“being given a final， lethal injection by his doctor”为被动结构的动名词短语，用作介词 “before”的宾语。句中“film” 用作动词，表示“将故事拍成影片”。
5. 句中“since ”为副词，表示“从那以后”; each time 引导的是时间状语从句。
The Netherlands is the only country in Europe which permits euthanasia， although it is not technically legal there. However， doctors who carry out euthanasia under strict guidelines introduced by the Dutch Parliament two years ago are usually not prosecuted. The guidelines demand that the patient is experiencing extreme suffering ， that there is no chance of a cure， and that the patient has made repeated requests for euthanasia .